Sunday, November 25, 2012

More Temples

Wow. So… today was a hard day. It could be called a bad hair day, I suppose, except my hair was just fine.

In fact, it was probably one of the only things I was happy with.

Strangely, though, I think I'm over that by this point, so I'll just say that we went to see Philae, Haidam, and Kalabsha Temples.

The very sad/funny thing, though, is that… after Philae Temple, in the small boat we'd taken over to the island, I asked how far away the temple was.

Dad pointed out the dam in front of us.

"Yeah, but where's the third temple?" I asked.

They kind of looked at me and started patiently explaining something.

I rolled my eyes, "It started with an H." I said, and took a sip of water.

Cue bursting out into laughter, trying to swallow, and ending up spitting/choking the water and having a ticklish throat for the rest of the day.

… On the bright side, I think I could write a drowning character very well now!

No comments:

Post a Comment