Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Friendship Anniversary


It's my first friendship anniversary. Bouchra and I met exactly one year ago… and I can't believe it's been only a year. I feel like I can tell her absolutely anything.

So, last night, at 2am, we were talking, because I didn't know if I'd have internet today. It drove Ileana and Ioan crazy, but after all, one does not have one's first friendship anniversary every day.

So we talked until we couldn't keep our eyes open, and then today I woke up 10 minutes after the alarm, got my baghs together, and we started toward Aswan.

Two plane rides and an interesting taxi ride later, we ended up in a hotel… and we're not quite sure what to make of it. I'm sleeping on springs, not a mattress, and I believe that after four nights on this thing, I'll probably have tattoos impressed on my skin.

Mom and I started talking about Romania as well… apparently the five months I thought I had are… three.

I can't wait to get home and see how I deal with this…

No comments:

Post a Comment