Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blogs


On the agenda for today:

Reading blogs.

It's oddly relaxing, definitely inspiring, and involves a great deal of screen time. I've not been reading travel blogs… rather self-improvement ones. Which leads me to a few interesting conclusions about what I'm going to do with this 'project' thing I have.

… I like it.

I edited 10 minutes this morning. I read all the rest of today… even wrote about 500 words about focusing.

Which is good. I'm happy with what I did today.

Other awesome things on the list:
- Saw a zebra car
- Ate white butter (contrary to common belief, butter is white. It has color added to it to make it yummier-looking. Think about it. Cream is white. Butter is made by churning cream. Where would it get the yellow?)
- In Torino.

Also… I'm back into books. I know what I'm doing for NaNoWrimo (pantsing. I have 7 ideas, one about a man thrown out of utopia, one about a medicine-woman, one about a miser, one about the traveling shovel of death [NaNo culture], one about a woman who finds a journal, one about a Santa Clause corporation-type thing, and, lastly, the third book in my series [the first two were written in June and August, respecively]). 

Never in my entire life have I had so many ideas to pick and choose from before NaNo. I don't know where they're coming from. I have a few ideas on TOP of that, germinating— they're more a concept than anything else. 

The goal for NaNoWriMo this year is:

- Write a novel. Finish it.
- Write another novel. Finish it.
- Write another. Finish it.
- Write another. Finish it.

The beauty of the system is that I can stop at any step I like. Just as long as I finish the steps. I might decide to switch between two novels this year. I might be able to finish one novel in 6 days and spend the rest on writing.

I don't know what I'm doing this NaNo, actually.

The most important thing, though, will be this:

- Write at least 2000 words of fiction every day in the month of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment