Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Talks


I woke up at 7.

And it's time for a new… something. We left at 9:30 exactly, which meant that from 7:20 to 9:15 I had time to work. And from 17:00 to 19:30, when I had more time to work and reach 45k and finish the Berlin blog post and the Camp testimonial.

But what did I do instead? Browse the web. 

Sorry, there's a problem here. Just because I didn't 'feel' like writing. Isn't one of the rules of writing "Write even when you don't feel like it?"

So, the plan for tomorrow is very simple. BE RELENTLESS and all that jazz.

(I wonder how people actually take mottos as their mottos. I haven't yet managed to do it yet.)

We left at 9:30 to get to the bus station, so that we could go te Delos, which is one of the most important archeological places in Greece. It's the place where Apollo and Artemis were born, and for some reason no one can be born on the island and no one can die on the island.

Which raises the question… what happens if someone hit their head, fell down, and died instantly? On the island? What sort of purification would the area have to undergo? What happens to the body?

Interesting topics to think about.

At any rate, we went to Delos, looked around, sweated like pigs, and then I let the rest of the family climbb up to the top of the hill. I declared I was going to be sick if I had to climb that entire hill in such heat, and surprisingly enough I was left alone. I spent a lovely hour writing the tentative plot for my NaNo'12 novel, and then reading Louisa May Alcott's Jo's Boys, which is the sequel to the sequel of Little Women.

I also played with cats and kittens. All in all, quite lovely. 

We headed back home at about 15:00, after picking up newly made salt (it was still somewhat liquidy), and then Grandma and I talked on the ferry boat back about all sorts of things (I can't quite remember which it was about, since there were about 17 different topics throughout the day… including my 18th birthday present) 

We bought gelato (Ileana and I took homemade raspberry… there were SEEDS! It was awesome! Ioan took cookie. All seven of us shared a bit amongst ourselves, as usual), and then we took the bus toward home. Wherein Grandma and I talked a bit more.

It seems that me saying 'I want to do medical school in Romania' has opened up an enormous can of worms that has everyone talking about college and high school experiences. I have all sorts of equivalence things to do… I have to learn Romanian history and read Romanian literature and on top of that have all the stuff for med school down.

I'm just praying at this point that I'll be able to do it in 2013, not 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment