Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cold Lasagna


MILANO!

Bon giorno!

I have something interesting to say.

I understand Italian almost better than Spanish or French.

Now I have a secret.

I've never studied Italian.

French and Spanish, on the other hand… that's right. I studied those. I wonder why Italian seems to me so much easier. Maybe because it's close enough to Romanian, French, and Spanish that all of a sudden all the words are easier.

Maybe if I'd studied Italian and French, Spanish would be easier and Italian and French would be harder.

It bears thinking of.

Last night we slept six hours. I got up early, to download a character bio something a jig, which meant that I slept in the plane for the entire hour that we were in the air.

It was lovely.

Then we sat in the Milan airport (without our passports having been checked after we entered the country) and waited for Dad to go get our car reservation.

When Mom thought she saw a guy with a beard driving a car, out we came of the airport to stand on the curve and wait for Dad. (Because, strangely enough, he's not the only guy with a beard)

But he did show up after about five minutes, which is good.

The drive to the hotel is about 6km and 10 minutes.

We took an hour, getting lost various times. Ioan slept in the car. Lucky kid.

I'm talking to Bouchra! It's awesome. We haven't talked in a long time… and now we're talking for about an hour in a row, which we really haven't done in a long time.

We're talking about all sorts of things, including when we'll next have internet. This is a mystery. It could be tomorrow, it could be in a week. It could be the week after. We'll certainly have internet in December, before the 19th. I might not be able to use it on this laptop, which means I won't be on all the time.

It is really great.

What else did we do today?

AH! 

Mom and Dad went out to buy food. They came back sporting lasagna and cake.

Now here's the problem.

We don't have plates. We don't have anything but two sinks and two cups. No heating implements… unless we want to stick the lasagna on top of the heaters.

So what do we do? We eat cold lasagna as finger food. It's quite good. Very yummy.

The cake also, but not so much. Rather, I like the peach yogurt more.

Daddy bought us two songs. I'm updated to iOS6. It's rather weird because I'm not sure how to download songs onto my iPod… but I'll figure it out at some point.

I think it has something to do with playing a song to the end. I'll test it, though.

There's a mosquito in the room. Just my luck. Mosquitos love eating my hands. I don't like them at all.

Anyway. (Word of the day!)

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment