Thursday, September 20, 2012

Barcelona

Well.

My first opinion of Barcelona is something along the lines of… um.

I don't quite understand all this spectacular architecture that apparently is in Barcelona. We went to the Sagrada Familia, which has been under construction since the 1890s.

The Passion Facade seems to me quite ugly (there are three, the Nativity, Glory, and Passion). All rough-hewn and it looks as if someone decided to pour a glop of mud on top of it from far away.

Inside however, it's lovely. White and airy, with bright stained glass windows whose chaarcters you can't really differentiate from one another.

It's huge and transmits every possible sound. But I like our church more, actually. It's cozier.

Ileana and I worked a bit longer on the Top Secret Project… it was absolutely amazing the way we managed to do one part perfectly on the very first take… I mean, we did the practicing of the lines to make sure we wouldn't mess anything up because of not knowing what we were going to say, then recorded ourselves speaking.

Well, we realized we were speaking a bit slowly, so I said, "Okay, so I just have to go a bit faster on that part."

At top speed, we recited our lines.

And did it perfectly on the very first try.

It was seriously an awesome accomplishment.

Then we finished the entire first section of the Top Secret Project, and I did another bit of the third section… since the second section I wasn't too worried about. I just wanted to test a particular paragraph which was really hard to say in English… strangely enough it was super simple in Romanian.

(Hmm. By the time I finish the Top Secret Project eveyrone will have deduced what exactly the Top Secret Project is)

Well! We walked around Barcelona for most of the morning.

It's an interesting city, I suppose, but I much prefer the Dascalu family style of picking a destination and walking hurriedly through the city to get to said desitantion.

I mean, it was relaxing to just walk around, but all we did was walk. And people who had things to talk about talked.

Except I didn't have much to talk about. So I walked and tried to think about various things… except I couldn't.

The most interesting thing today, without a doubt, was the enormous knife display in one of the shops. So many knives, for so many different uses, (one for cheddar… and another for salmon)… it makes me despair a bit of anyone ever being able to have a fully-stocked kitchen.

Though I suppose as long as you have a pot, a pan, a spoon, a spatula, and a sharp knife, you can do anything.

Hmm. That's good. I'll make a note of that. Probably add bits of string in there too…

At any rate, another busy day tomorrow. I haven't written anything for Pirate Prince in three days.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment